Martine has nearly seven years’ experience in local government and industrial relations law, and in addition, has spent several years working at Cairns Regional Council (first as a property officer, then as an HR officer).
Martine is a Partner who has extensive experience providing employee and industrial relations advice to both government and non-government clients. With this experience, Martine has seen first-hand the types of challenges and opportunities that employers face and knows how to achieve quick, favourable, and low-cost solutions to their issues.
Acting for a range of local governments, Martine advises on issues involving general compliance with the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012, rating issues, local laws, and tendering and contracting.
She has acted in complex land tenure issues and has extensive experience in managing Indigenous matters. Martine assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander councils with leasing, land management, land trust and council meetings.
She not only provides general advice but also regularly completes workplace investigations and has appeared in both the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and the Fair Work Commission on behalf of her clients.
Martine’s experience includes:
- Undertaking workplace investigations and preparing independent and unbiased reports with recommendations.
- General advice regarding the application of provisions of the Industrial Relations Act 1999 as well as award and enterprise bargaining provisions.
- Drafting policies and procedures for government and non-government clients and ensuring compliance with statutory workplace laws.
- Delivering training to both executive and non-executive staff.
- Actin for employers in complex disputes with employees regarding general protections and unfair dismissal matters.